Saturday, August 25, 2012

A Change of Heart

We were sitting at the kitchen table.
It was during the Christmas holidays in 2005.
Hottie had been saying he was not going on another mission trip.
It was an odd conversation every time he mentioned it.
It got to where I just let him talk and then I would pray.
I knew his heart. I knew his fears. I knew our God would win this battle Hottie seemed to be having with himself.
I told him at the table that Christmas that I would go with him to Nicaragua in the summer. I talked about the people there that he loved. I asked him about the church. I wanted him to describe the city - sight, sound and smell. I wanted him to go back in his mind so his heart would long to go back. I knew God had not closed the door for Hottie and his passion for missions.
It worked.
He got excited.
He called the missions pastor and committed to lead another trip to Nicaragua.
And, in July 2006, Hottie, Punka and I went to Nicaragua on a mission trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment